Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na


Cast:
Imran Khan...Jai
Genelia D'Souza...Aditi


Summary:
There is a group of friends in college, Jai and Aditi and two of the group. They are best friends and always with each other, nothing seemed to be able to get them to stop thinking about each other. Everyone assumed that they were completely in love with each other, but when confronted about marriage after their graduation, both a very surprised and deny any love interest. So they plan to find their dream boy/girl for each other. Jai finds a nice girl that he falls in love with, so they become boyfriend and girlfriend and Aditi starts to get jealous of Jai's girlfriend because she feels like they haven't spent anytime together like they used to back in college. Quite a while goes by and Jai and Aditi drift apart and are not that good of friends anymore. Aditi gets engaged to her parent's friend's son who seems like the perfect guy for her. She and her fiance meet Jai and his girlfriend at one of their friends birthday parties. Jai cannot take his eyes off of Aditi and becomes extremely jealous and is realizing that he really does love Aditi. Aditi's fiance notices how they can't take their eyes off of each other and demands to know if Aditi really loves Jai and she says yes, he beats her and she is left alone. Jai tells his girlfriend that he actually loves Aditi and not her. Aditi is about to leave for America and Jai comes running to her in the airport and proclaims his love. They get married and its all very sweet.

Review:
I was very skeptical about this film because I knew it was just a launching pad for Imran Khan, Aamir Khan's nephew. But, I was sooooo impressed with the film. Not only is Imran and FABULOUS actor who's career is really going to go places, but the story was just soooo sweet and cute and perfect! It was not too intense or emotion, but there still was a good amount and I just really loved seeing these new, fresh faces on the big screen. I thought the music was fun and I just think the whole film was fun. I would DEFINITELY recommend this film because it was really a feel good movie and top quality bollywood. I think my favorite scene was when they were both at the party just staring at each other and you really could feel the intensity of their gazes and it was heart wrenching! I LOVED IT! I was just so so impressed with Imran's acting, he is really really good and really cute! I really am looking forward to seeing many more films with him in them. I also really liked Genelia D'Souza who played Aditi, I though she was really cute and FULL of spirit and fun. I hadn't heard about at all before the film, and I am curious if she will go far with her career. I think she has the potential and I really do think she should go far. So overall I completely loved this movie, and what made it so much better was that I was not expecting it to be so fun! That always seems to happen, when you don't spend much thought on a film and then you see it, its usually MINDBLOWING!

Songs:
Well, I honestly loved all the songs! The music started right in the beginning was was totally consistent throughout the film which was very nice and fun! I think my favorite songs were Kabhi Kabhi Aditi Zindagi and Pappu Can't Dance.

No comments: