Sunday, October 12, 2008

Drona

Cast:
Abhishek Bachchan...Aditya [Drona]
Priyanka Chopra...Sonia
Kay Kay Menon...Riz Raizada


Summary:
Aditya grows up like a Cinderella, abused and lonely. One day Riz Raizada sees Aditya and immediately tries to have him killed because he knows its Drona. The legend of Drona is that he is to protect the elixir of life from the evil demons that are always trying to take it. So Aditya is clueless of this and when Riz tries to have him killed all of the people in Adi's life save him. He has an assistant, Sonia, who has been trained her whole life to help Drona and when she breaks this news to Adi he doesn't believe it. So when he comes to terms with this finally, he is whisked into the kingdom that his mother lives in, and then he goes on a quest to stop Riz from taking the elixir of life.

Review:
I was sooooo disappointed in this film. It was had no real plot at all, the acting was whatever, the special effects were lame, nothing had any depth in the film, not even the love story between Sonia and Drona. It was all so stupid. It was like a really bad remake of the Lord of the Rings or something, trying to do these stupid destiny fantasy things. I am glad that it was a flop because it wasn't deserving of being a hit. As much as I love Abhishek, I really didn't like the film. I know that he said it was going to be his best movie yet, and that is why I went saw it, but I was sorely disappointed. I mean it wasn't painful to sit through, and it kept you engaged for the length of the film, but on reflection and even when I was watching it I really didn't like it. They couldn't even provide us with some good item songs to keep us content. The music was really not good and not original. The villain, Riz, was a really bad character who was trying to provide comic relief from the ever serious and angry Drona, but the comedy was really lame and had no substance. So, I would not waste my 10 dollars watching this movie this movie again, and I would not recommend anyone else do the same.

Music:
I guess the best song in the movie was Oop Oop Cha, Priyanka's song. But I have to say that even this song is not that good.

No comments: