Monday, February 9, 2009

Another Name Change for Billu Barber!


Goodness! This film has had so many name changes. The latest is that it is not longer 'Billu Barber' but now just 'Billu'. I guess the haircutters of India didn't appreciate being called barbers and they complained to Red Chillies. Shah Rukh stated that he was in no mood to fight with people, and so he let them have their way. “I had a discussion with the association of hair dressers and salons in Maharashtra. And I’ve pokes to the associations in other cities on the phone. I don’t think we were wrong in ever using the word ‘barber’ and that is what be stand by. But they have their own take on that. The film has been made with a good feeling. So, I’d rather not hurt anyone, because it’s not going to affect my film...I think I’m also a little mellow since I’m going for my surgery, so I don’t want to hurt anyone." So all the new adds and posters you see will have just 'Billu' on it. It comes out this friday, the 13th.

2 comments:

desipolitan said...

I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous. Dropping "barber" is really taking pc to new heights.

Anyway, maybe it has different connotations elsewhere, but as far as I know, a barber is a perfectly ok way to refer to a man who cuts men's hair. It's all about preference - your stylist may prefer to be called a stylist or a hairdresser or .... a barber.

Bollybeat Crew said...

Exactly!! I totally agree. this is too much. as far as i know, the film is not going to be the most offensive thing to hit bollywood, so its not like the haircutters of India should not want a name used for them on it. i don't even know why they would not want to be called barbers anyways. maybe its some inside thing we don't understand....but i doubt it.