Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dostana Review

Cast:
Abhishek Bachchan...Sam
John Abraham...Kunal
Priyanka Chopra...Neha
Bobby Deol...Abhi

Summary:
Two guys, Sam and Kunal, are living in Miami and looking for an apartment, and they both show up at the same house trying to get the room. The landlady won't let them move in because they are men, and so they decide to pretend to be a gay couple to get the apartment. The apartment really is the landlady's niece's, Neha, and she is going to share with the renters. Both Sam and Kunal immediately fall in love with her, but they keep up their gay act because they love the apartment. Quickly all three of them become best friends, they do everything with each other and its all really fun! Then Neha starts to fall in love with her new boss, Abhi, and both Sam and Kunal become really jealous and try to end Abhi and Neha's relationship. They end up breaking them up, and reveal to Neha that they both really love her and that they are not gay. She gets really pissed and is like you guys are not my friends anymore. So everyone is sad, and then they finally get Abhi and Neha back togeather and everyone is friends again.

Review:
This was such a silly, yet entertaining film. I felt it really was using all the stereotypes of gays in the book, but they did it in a non offensive way. The whole film was really just about Sam and Kunal's relationship as a fake gay couple, and Priyanka Chopra always seemed like the third wheel. Abhishek is HILARIOUS in the film and John is BEAUTIFUL. I think my favorite thing about the film was their clothing. Everyone was so stylish and colorful, especially Abhishek, when he first got out of his pink convertible in the beginning during 'Shut up and bounce' his Christian Audigier shoes almost killed me! Bobby Deol was really an dull character, and he looked really beat in comparison to John and Abhishek, who sparkled. I thought the John and Abhishek pairing was great and they were really fun and got into their characters. I think you should defiantly watch this film if you are in need of a good, silly laugh and really don't take the film seriously. I was impressed with debut director Tarun Mansukhani, and I am curious as to what kind of film he will come out with next! So overall I enjoyed this film despite its stupid humor and light plot.

Music:
I liked about half of the songs from the movie, but I really wished there were more! I think there was defiantly more opportunities in the film for more music videos, but there wasn't! I really liked 'Shut up and bounce' Shilpa Shetty's item number, but I was shocked when I saw her because she really looked old. I also really liked the 'Maa da laadla' remix at the credits, its really dancey and good.
Powered by: Chakpak.com Dostana 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Dostana!! I loved Abhishek. He was genuinely funny and entertaining. Much prefer his comedic acting to his tough guy role in Doom2.