Monday, November 3, 2008

Golmaal Returns Review

Cast:
Kareena Kapoor...Ekta
Ajay Devgan...Gopal


Summary:
Gopal is married to a very suspious wife, Ekta, who watches too many tv serials and is constantly think Gopal is having an affair.One night Gopal rescues a woman from getting gang raped and then both of their cars break down and so they end up spending the night together on his friends yacht, Ekta almost dies of worry and is very suspicious of him when he comes home the next morning. Then his coworker is murdered and Gopal becomes the primes suspect and it becomes a chase for the girl he spent the night with so she can give him an alibi.

Review:
I was SO disappointed with this movie. I thought it was so stupid and I felt my brain cells slowly dying while I was watching this in the theater. The summary is so short because that really is all that happened. NOTHING! I wanted to die every time Ekta's brother Lucky came on screen because he was supposed to be dumb, but he just sounded like a high pitched animal the whole film. My ears were cringing by the end. The sad thing was that there were only 3 MUSIC VIDEOS IN IT!! What is that about???!?!?! Okay so the opening song, Vacancy, then thrown into the middle was Tha Kar Ke, it didn't fit into the story at all and it was just really random but it was the only thing that saved the movie. Then there was Meow at the credits and it went into a little box so you couldn't even see it. What I am curious about is what happened to Tu Saala????? The music video wasn't included. I was so sad because that was one of the things pulling me to see this film and then it wasn't there!! So don't waste your time seeing this movie at all. It was boring, the acting was ehhhhh and it was ANNOYING!!

Music:
Wellllll my favorite song from the soundtrack is Tu Saala but I really like Meow and I thought the music video was really good. Its reported that Tha Kar Ke is the most expensive music video to be made in Bollywood so far, so that is quite impressive. It was full of shoot outs and flipping cars, and it was the most enjoyable thing in the film.

No comments: